Re: sending apps to the right place in the menu

On 3 Dec 2008, at 11:15, rosea grammostola wrote:

Hi,

I know it is possible to customize the menu in Gnome. But I am wondering if it is also possible to send applications to a specific place in the menu?

For example, I want to add an entry in the menu called 'multimedia players'. Is it possible to manage it so that apps like Rhythmbox, Listen etc. are
placed in the new entry when they are installed?

See <http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apc.html#adding-items >. (You'll probably also need to read the rest of that spec too, if you're not familiar with it.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team