Re: gnome-session doesn't save settings

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Joe Bloggs <vapniks yahoo com> wrote:
> Hi, I am running gnome 2.14.3 on Debian Etch.
> I want to be able to change my startup programs via Desktop->Preferences->Sessions,
> i.e. gnome-session
> However, it doesn't work. I want to remove 'bluetooth-applet' and add 'xbindkeys',
> but when I do this (on the 'Startup Programs' tab) and then 'Save the current session'
> on the 'Session Options' tab, and then restart the computer, there is no change.
> In fact my ~/.gnome2/session file is unchanged, but even when I manually change this file and delete the line for bluetooth-applet it is still listed in the 'Startup Programs' tab in the
> gnome-session gui.
> I am now using .gnomerc to start xbindkeys, but still want to know how to get gnome-session working properly and stop bluetooth-applet starting up everytime I boot up.
>
> Can anyone help?

I'm guessing here, but I suspect that you need to turn off the
bluetooth service via chkconfig if you really don't want bluetooth on
your machine, let along your gnome session.  In CentOS, the bluetooth
service is enabled in init 5 unless you turn it off, and that sounds
like it may be true on Debian, too.

mhr