Notification bubbles aren't shown in full-screen mode

Hallöchen!

I'd like to refer to the Ubuntu bug
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/notification-daemon/+bug/24070>.

My scenario is as follows: I use Gajim as my IM client.  It is
configured to show small windows in the lower right corner when some
buddy has become online.  Nice feature.

However, most of the time, I use Emacs, and even worse, I use it in
full-screen mode.

This means that those Gajim notifications are not shown at all.  I
understand that this suppression may be good while watching a movie
in full-screen mode but in my case, it is totally superfluous.

Okay, the Ubuntu people consider this unimportant.  On the other
hand, I don't even have real confirmation that the above bug has
anything to do with my problem.

So, can anybody here tell me a workaround for my issue?  It may well
be a dirty and/or complicated workaround, but this bahaviour has
gotten more and more annoying to me over the last months.

Thank you!

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: bronger jabber org