Re: Icons and Menu problem

Hello

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 22:56 +0200, Mildred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a system update, I'm left in a state where my application menu is
> empty and where the system menu do not show the system preference
> tools.
> Moreover, all icons on my systems are the default ugly icons (as if
> gnome-settings-manager wasn't there. But it is here).
>
> I tested it with non gnome applications like thunar. Applications like
> the menu editor tells me that the menu is empty ...
>
> I tried to start gnome with a fresh empty homedir to see if the problem
> was here, but even with this fresh profile, I couldn't have icons or my
> menu.
>
> I reinstalled the menu package of my distribution (ArchLinux) but it
> didn't solved the problem.
>
> I don't know exactly where to ask and I thought this could be a place
> for that. If it is not please tell me.
> Do you have any idea what the problem is ?

Not sure. Check out

1. $HOME/.xsession-errors file
2. Run gnome is "debug" mode

	a. Start X using "xinit" command. This should open a terminal
	   window on screen
	b. Run gnome as shown below. Read through the message printed
	   on screen.

		# /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ