Re: Gnome problem after upgrade from FC6 to FC7

Hello Bruce,

I have managed to look at the .xsession-errors file under gnome and the contents follow:

localuser:graeme being added to access control list
kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
---------------------------------
It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
that it is not already running, remove /home/graeme/.DCOPserver_barney__0
and start dcopserver again.
---------------------------------

kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
SESSION_MANAGER=local/barney:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2651
Window manager warning: last_user_time (141127184) is greater than comparison timestamp (3201738952).  This most likely represents a buggy client sending inaccurate timestamps in messages such as _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW.  Trying to work around...
Window manager warning: 0xa00007 (Calendar -) appears to be one of the offending windows with a timestamp of 16777232.  Working around...
Window manager warning: 0x100000d (KOrganizer) appears to be one of the offending windows with a timestamp of 141127184.  Working around...
Window manager warning: last_focus_time (141127184) is greater than comparison timestamp (3201738952).  This most likely represents a buggy client sending inaccurate timestamps in messages such as _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW.  Trying to work around...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/puplet", line 371, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/puplet", line 368, in main
    p.run()
  File "/usr/bin/puplet", line 355, in run
    self._getOnDbus()
  File "/usr/bin/puplet", line 229, in _getOnDbus
    "/Updatesd")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 410, in get_object
    follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 230, in __init__
    _dbus_bindings.UInt32(0))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 169, in __call__
    reply_message = self._connection.send_message_with_reply_and_block(message, timeout)
dbus.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name edu.duke.linux.yum was not provided by any .service files
** Message: Could not connect to power manager: Could not get owner of name 'org.gnome.PowerManager': no such name

** (gnome-panel:2850): WARNING **: panel-applet-frame.c:1287: failed to load applet OAFIID:GNOME_GWeatherApplet:
Failed to resolve, or extend '!prefs_key=/apps/panel/applets/applet_9/prefs;background="">Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
[graeme barney ~]$

As you can see, lots of errors. The weather applet is not loading. Maybe this is the reason for my problem. How can i delete
the weather applet from the panel using the command line? I cannot get any response to the mouse by clicking on the gnome desktop.

Thank you.

Regards,

Graeme.