notification for data flush - not shown

Hi,

I'm using Gnome 2.18.3 from Debian Lenny. Most newly installed
machines show a window warning that data is still being transfered to
the removable device after a umount from Disk Mounter applet or from
the desktop icon. It usually happens after transfering lots of data to
a pendrive then umounting it before all data is actually transfered.
This particular warning window is shown at:

http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~boschneider/removing-device-gnome.png

However there is one particular machine where no warning is given
(same Gnome version). People must pay attention to led in the
pen-drive, which is very inconvenient.

What invokes that window? Is there anywhere I can configure it?

--
Bruno Schneider
http://www.dcc.ufla.br/~bruno/