Two nit-pic evo/gnome problems ??

Hi;

1) I pulled a copy of the Evolution Tasks icon off of the menu to the
desktop.  Now that I am finished with using it on the desktop, I can't
delete it. I keep getting "Error "Not on the same file system" while
deleting "/home/bill/...ks.desktop".  What does that mean?  How do I
remove the Icon from my desktop?

2) Is there a way to set up a launcher to launch my evolution compose
window.  I keep evolution in one particular workspace but would like to
be able to launch my compose window from other work spaces.  I am
looking for a command like 'evolution --component=compose' or some such
to put in the launcher command line.

--
Regards Bill