gnome-panel icons

Hi all,

something strange happened to my gnome-panel.

I added a new custom application launcher to the panel.
By clicking "+add" an error was reported. Can't remember the error
message exactly, but gnome-panel had a problem with saving its data.
Then all icons in the panel have been deleted :(
Only some applets and the clock remained.

Now i want to know if there is a possibility to restore them.
I still have the icon data in ~.gnome2/panel2.d/default/launchers/ *
.desktop. Reloading the panel doesn't help.
I heard that the some data related to the icons is managed by gconf.

Maybe anyone can help me?
I want to avoid to restore all the icons seperatly by hand again.

Best Regards
Daniel