Re: Using Gnome desktop icons in a non-computer context

I think a strict interpretation of the GPL would require that if you use and distribute those graphics, you would have to make the "source code" available. Therefore you have to make the files (.gif, .jpg, etc) available for download for anyone else who might want to use the images.

In practice I doubt anyone will call you on it

Jim Hartley
(IANAL)