Re: Using Gnome desktop icons in a non-computer context

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 14:42 +0200, dfuchs fh-eberswalde de wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to use some icons from the GNOME desktop environment in a
> printed brochure that has nothing to do with computers, just because
> they are very handy.
>
> 1. Can I use them under a Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike
> License ?
>
> 2. Where can I find the names of the authors of these icons ?
>
> If anybody can answer to these questions, I would be very grateful.

According to the COPYING file [1], the icons are released under
the GNU GPL.  I have absolutely no idea what effect that has on
inclusion in printed brochures.  My guess is that nobody will
have a problem with it, provided you don't use the trademarked
Gnome logo.

The AUTHORS file [2] lists the people responsible for the Gnome
icons.  You can always browse through the SVN repository to see
who created which icon.

[1]
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-icon-theme/trunk/COPYING?revision=2&view=markup

[2]