Re: Gnome freezes in FC6

Sean Dynan wrote:
On 25/07/07, *Van* <vanyel medusa bioc aecom yu edu <mailto:vanyel medusa bioc aecom yu edu>> wrote:

Every so often, my Fedora freezes.

<snip>

You're not alone. I have just started test driving CentOS 5 (kernel 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5xen, gtk2-2.10.4-16.el5) on behalf of a large development team here in work and I have already had two UI lock-ups in less than a week. When I ssh from a spare box, Metacity is running at 100% CPU. Technically that isn't a lock-up, but the UI reacts so slowly to user input that it feels, in effect, like a lock-up.

<snip>

Obviously I can't test this right now, but I don't recall seeing any process hogging the CPU when I ssh in from outside my VM. Nothing seems to be taking up much cpu power at all when I run TOP. That's what made me suspect a gnome issue. But that's just my guess.

- Van