Re: Gnome freezes in FC6

On 25/07/07, Van <vanyel medusa bioc aecom yu edu> wrote:
Every so often, my Fedora freezes.

<snip>

You're not alone. I have just started test driving CentOS 5 (kernel 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5xen, gtk2-2.10.4-16.el5) on behalf of a large development team here in work and I have already had two UI lock-ups in less than a week. When I ssh from a spare box, Metacity is running at 100% CPU. Technically that isn't a lock-up, but the UI reacts so slowly to user input that it feels, in effect, like a lock-up.

And on one occasion my machine spontaneously rebooted(!), but who's to say that was a Gnome issue?

Anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this and how I can fix
it?

Nope. I'm waiting with baited breath too...

--
Sean