Re: keyboard focus stolen - metacity

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 11:56 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com> wrote:
>
>         Confirmed the culprit as metacity. A workaround is to login
>         via ssh and
>         kill metacity
>
>                 $ killall metacity metacity-dialog
>
>         Note to self: Next time - coredump and a bt.
>

> Is this on all systems with gnome and metacity, or is there a specific
> OS that this applies to?  I've never seen anything like this on CentOS
> 5, at least not so far....
I am using Fedora7

The triggering factor seems to be a application which has hung/frozen
such as epiphany/evolution. Click on close will freeze the entire
desktop ( as in keyboard input )

ps will list metacity-dialog window which is not visible on screen.

Killing metacity, metacity-dialog tends to resolve this issue. If this
fails, kill epiphany/evolution along with metacity/metacity-dialog.