Re: Launching Nautilus as su?

Giorgos <giorgos67 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Does somebody know, how can I launch nautilus, as su?
> I'm launching nautilus, as a normal user, and not surprisingly, copy-pasting
> is greyed out at many folders.
> OK, I'm always able to work with bash. I just wanted to avoid the so much
> keyboarding .
> (I have installed here the latest stable version of opensuse (with gnome
> desktop), but I couldn't found this option).
>
> THANKS!!!
> Giorgos.

Place the following three line in a file called "Open as Administrator".  Place
the file in ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts and give it execution permission.

for uri in $NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_SELECTED_URIS; do
gksudo "gnome-open $uri" &
done

In nautilus, you can right click any file or folder and select this script.  The
application associated with the files mime type will be executed as root.  If
the object was a folder, it will be opened as a new instance of nautilus as
root.  I changed the root nautilus background color to help me keep track of
what I'm doing.  I also changed the root gedit background for the same reason.