Re: [Fwd: scroll wheel mouse configuration]

Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
File a bug-report ?

/me hoping that this does not get lost.

I've gone ahead and used xmodmap to remap button 4,5 for now. I still get my button 2 click'n'paste but clicking the mouse wheel but rolling does nothing.

$ xmodmap -e 'pointer = 1 2 3 8 9 4 5 6 7'

...I placed the argument portion in the XModmap and .Xmodmap files to make it system wide and things are much safer now.

By the way, I am a little new to this, so if anyone sees potential problems with the remap shown above please let me know.

---
John