Re: Battery meter goes away

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 19:41 -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Ubuntu Edgy amd64, Gnome 2.16.1, Compaq R3240 laptop
>
> It never used to disappear, but now it does not appear after booting
> and logging in. It does appear if I do killall gnome-panel. It is
> locked to the panel, but it still escapes from the panel.
>
> Since this is a laptop I really, really need the battery meter. Any
> suggestions?

It's possible that it is actually running when you can't see it.  A
preference was added at some point (I forget exactly when) that allows
you only to show the icon under certain circumstances, one of which is
"only when battery power is critically low".  You can check/change this
setting by running gnome-power-preferences.

Cheeri,
Calum.