Re: Program launch at startup

On date Tuesday 2007-12-11 17:28:30 +0100, Stefano Sabatini gnomed:
> On date Tuesday 2007-12-11 16:48:30 +0100, Rachid KHAZAZ gnomed:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   I am using Java Desktop System under Solaris and I would JDS to launch a
> >  defined program each time I log in. In which script should i add my
> >  program path ?
>
> Hi, the best way to define your PATH environment variable is by
> sourcing the corresponding profile script in ~/.xinitrc.
>
> For example you may put this line in your ~/.xinitrc:
>
> . ~/.config/fish/profile
>
> before exec gnome-session.
>
> Or (if your profile script is a bash profile):
> . ~/.profile
>
> Note that in order to be able to *source* a profile script (defining
> between the other things the PATH), the .xinitrc need to be written in
> the same profile script language, for example it has to be a bash
> script.
>
> Not sure about how does JDS work though, also not sure that was the
> question you was asking for, maybe you meant to ask instead "how can I
> execute a certain script every time gnome starts?".

Ooops, you replied personally (for the future, it is a good netiquette
rule always to reply publicly, in this way more people can share the
eventual solution).

The question to the second question is: in my system (gnome 2.18),
look at System -> Preferences -> Sessions -> Startup Programs, or if
you're a command line bigot have a look at:
~/.config/autostart

when you can manually add/delete such scripts.

HTH, regards.
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)