RE : Re: Program launch at startup

Absolutely, my question is "how can specify a script that is executed every time gnome starts ?"
Thanks

Stefano Sabatini <stefano sabatini-lala poste it> a écrit :
On date Tuesday 2007-12-11 16:48:30 +0100, Rachid KHAZAZ gnomed:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Java Desktop System under Solaris and I would JDS to launch a
> defined program each time I log in. In which script should i add my
> program path ?

Hi, the best way to define your PATH environment variable is by
sourcing the corresponding profile script in ~/.xinitrc.

For example you may put this line in your ~/.xinitrc:

. ~/.config/fish/profile

before exec gnome-session.

Or (if your profile script is a bash profile):
. ~/.profile

Note that in order to be able to *source* a profile script (defining
between the other things the PATH), the .xinitrc need to be written in
the same profile script language, for example it has to be a bash
script.

Not sure about how does JDS work though, also not sure that was the
question you was asking for, maybe you meant to ask instead "how can I
execute a certain script every time gnome starts?".

HTH, regards.
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)