Gnome problem after upgrading from FC6 to FC7

Hello Folks,

I have a gnome problem after upgrading from FC6 to FC7. I think it is something to do with the gnome panel.

Booting to a GUI all goes well to the login screen. After logging in all goes to the point where the panel is loading. It reaches to approximately the middle of the screen and up pop what appears to be a dialog box (error? info?. I don't know as it is blank). It all hangs at this point. Trying to close the dialog box eventually brings up an informational box that states that "" is not responding. Wait or force quit? Continued waiting could lead to old age. Quitting leads to the disappearance of the dialog/warning box and the bit of the panel (which, by the way, hasn't popped up so I have no way of knowing just what application is hanging) that started to load. You can just see a white strip at the bottom of the screen.

The two applications I start at login, yakuake and korganizer, start OK and respond to the mouse and keyboard BTW.

I can also run what ever programs I can start in a terminal window (yakuake)

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix the problem. Is it possible to remove apps from the panel at the command prompt?

I tried updating gnome with the following command: 'yum update gnome' but yum came back and said there was nothing to do. Did I use the correct command?

All help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Graeme.
Download my GnuPG public key from:-
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/gnichols/graemenichols.pub

Do what you can to prolong your life, in the hope that someday you'll
learn what it's for.