Re: Strange behavior from gnome apps recently

I think I'm asking the wrong questions here.

First, the PDF printing problem was solved, more or less, by changing
the settings on my printer to emulate the HP Laserjet 4 (using the
Minolta PPD), so far.

As for the app behavior problem, I think it is a permissions problem
on some configuration file somewhere, only I don't know what or where.
 If I run as root, everything works fine.  It's only as a normal user
that I get problems, so I'm wondering, where the settings are kept for
gnome apps, particularly nautilus, since that seems to be the #1 place
where I run into trouble.

( I had my root umask set to 027 for a while for security reasons, but
there are better reasons not to, and this may have screwed up a fair
number of my updates.  I have fixed this so that it is only set to 027
when I am running interactively and 022 when running rpm or yum, or
non-interactively. )

Thanks.

mhr