gnome popup

Hi all, I'm new to this ml and I hope to be not wrong posting here.

I'm working on udev rules to recognize a pendrive and then to load some scripts. It works.

I would like create some gnome popups when the device is plugged. The result should be equal to what happens when a device is unsafely removed and gnome-volume-managare (?) informs the user with the "Unsafe removal" popup.

I don't now how to interact with the popup system. Does anyone knows how to?

thanks a lot in advance

cheers

Damiano Venturin
http://dventurin.blogspot.com