How to create mockups?

Hi all,

I was planning a new gnome applet, when I decided to create mockups.
I'm completely new to creating mockups. Is the process of creating the
mockups similar to create dummy windows using glade/etc? Or anything
else is used which I might be missing.

I'd be glad to hear some real experiences you guys might had when
creating mockups. I'm very bad at using Gimp btw :)

Thanks in advance,
Makuchaku
--
http://makuchaku.info
When you speak out with the courage of your convictions, people listen!