Re: Workspace Switcher; Metacity; or Gnome -- whichever ??

Thanks Polonkai for your suggestions;

On Wed, 2006-06-09 at 21:49 +0200, Polonkai Gergely wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do almost the same. However, I'm a "clean" person, and never use icons
> on my desktop.
> But..
> All my games and "fun stuff" is in a so called drawer. So when I want to
> play a game, e.g Neverwinter Nights, I open up my drawer, press the
> appropriate button, and enjoy the game.
> When I feel that I have to work, I close the game, and the drawer. I
> defined some metacity shortcuts in gconf-editor (is there an application
> for it already?), so when I press Ctrl-Alt-G, my editor (gvim) starts;
> for Ctrl-Alt-F, firefox starts up. It's kinda workaround feeling, but it
> works for me for about a year now.

I now have a work-around which I use; I use gdmflexiserver to logon as a
second user.  But it doesn't really do it.  And, it feels hacky.  I have
tried multiple sliding panels, named sessions etc. and desktop switching
between Gnome and KDE.

> > I need some advice.  I want to put in a feature request but I am not
> > sure where it should go. Workspace Switcher; Metacity; or Gnome --
> > whatever ??
> >
> > For over 2 years now I have been trying to somehow solve the following
> > problem:  I want 2 or 3 completely different Desk Top environments.
> > Call them my 'Play' environment and my 'Work' environment.
> >

> > As I started out saying, that's the feature request I want to ask for
> > but I don't know who I should ask it of.

My question was where should I submit a features request for this kind
of thing?

--
Regards Bill