Re: Xinerama aware pager?

Calum Benson wrote:

On 28 Sep 2006, at 16:47, Chris Picton wrote:

Hi all

I am looking for a way to run Xinerama on a multihead display, but have
a separate pager running for each head.

Currently, the pager spans the entire virtual display size, and
switching desktops on one display switches the desktop on the second
display.

It is possible to decouple the displays at the pager level, but still be
able to draw windows between each screen?

Not AFAIK; by definition, Xinerama is designed to make one display span multiple monitors, in a way that is transparent to applications.

I suppose the follow up question to this is:

Is it possible to do? - where would the workspace switcher code be? In the window manager, or the switcher applet itself.