Re: remove suspend from gnome menu

Amadeus W. M. <amadeus84 <at> verizon.net> writes:

> Is it possible to remove Suspend from the gnome main menu? Either globally
> or on a per user basis. I'm running FC5, and Suspend is adjacent to the
> logout entry, and on several occasions I mistakenly selected suspend, and
> my pc never woke up (or I didn't know how to make it wake up).
>
> There has to be some gnome config file in some obscure place which says
> what should be in the menu. The menu editor does not have any reference to
> suspend.

Hello Amadeus W M,

On the contrary, I find the Suspend feature amazing... I've been waiting for it
for a long time. FC5 takes around 2min to boot on my PIII/196RAM M/C... so I
find myself using the suspend feature frequently.

After I suspend my system, it goes off as normal... then when I need it, I turn
my system on as usual, but bingo!, it boots to the 'system locked' screen in
under 10s, where I could type my user password.

With regards,
Zaheer M K