I must be missing something...keystroke maneuvering between applications under different virtual desktops

Is there a way to setup a keystroke combination that will allow me to "Alt-Tab" thru ALL gui applications running in ALL my
desktops?  I can do this in KDE with simply "Alt-Tab" but can't seem to find a way to do this in GNOME.  I've found that I like
GNOME better than KDE except for this one issue (which I'm sure there's a resolution for and I'm just not finding it).

Thanks.

Kevin