Re: More information in File Open/Close Dialog

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 09:30:16AM +0530, Ravi S. Kumar wrote:
> Ya, you are right a bit. If there is the only information given, date
> created, it gives me a lot problem too. It makes my task a bit more
> lengthy.
> But I think those all, like permissions, owner and filesize is not
> actually too much wanted.
> Let me ask,
> when you open a file, what do u look for other than the filename. :)

Personally, I would suggest using gentoo - the program, not the
distro. Available at <www.obsession.se/gentoo>. You may configure your
own subset of which features to view, sort by them, select by a
feature, etc. And you easily may configure which action to take for a
certain file type. Much faster than any of the sluggish GTK file-choosers I
have seen in "action", which only cause me to gnash my teeth.

Just 2 cents from someone who doesn't even use gnome and can't figure
out why or how he got on this list....

Scott Swanson