Re: More information in File Open/Close Dialog

Ravi S. Kumar wrote:
Ya, you are right a bit. If there is the only information given, date
created, it gives me a lot problem too. It makes my task a bit more
lengthy.
But I think those all, like permissions, owner and filesize is not
actually too much wanted.
Let me ask, when you open a file, what do u look for other than the filename. :)
The one thing really helpful and catalytic to the user work flow would
be showing the thumbnails there along with filename, thumbnail/preview,
size, modification/creation date and permissions/owner...

I am emphasizing the thumbnail previewing a lot. Because that really
accelerates our work. :)

What do you people say about this??? Please let me know.

I agree with you. Just I didn't mind about lacking of this feature because it's kind of advanced. But file size I consider to be essential. I really don't understand why it is not included. They can get it all from ls. If it cannot fit in window, there are scroll bars.