Re: Is it possible to minimize applications to desktop iconsl?

Debora Kerstiens wrote:

We are beginning to use 6-headed Linux systems with gnome desktop (and default metacity window manager)as operator consoles to replace our existing SUN systems. When one minimizes a running application, it appears on a panel and can be accessed from there. However, our operators really prefer the SUN/Motif/XWindows environment in which minimizing an application creates an icon on the desktop for future access. Is there a way to replicate this behaviour using the gnome desktop? I've created "shortcuts" by dragging and dropping menu items onto the desktop as icons, but can't seem to find a way to do a similar thing with applications running on the system. Thanks in advance! deb