Re: How to make newly installed DVD burner visible in Nautilus "Computer" window

To make a mount point show up in the 'Computer' folder on gnome desktop, try
adding 'user' (without the quotes) to the mount options for that device in your
fstab. For example, I put my /boot mount point in there (for a new installation
I am stilling tinkering with, though its not a good idea to play in boot much)
by the line :

/dev/hda2	/boot	 	ext2	 	defaults,noatime,user	1 2

and almost instantly a boot drive shows up in computer.

--
One of these days, karma's going to get what it deserves