Re: Opening files from file-roller

Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:

* the file "/usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.mime" describes postscript as
"ps" extension, and not "PS"

* nautilus uses content type detection for unknown mime-type.
* file-roller would have to unzip the package and probe for the mime-
type, as "PS" is not a registered extension. bug by design.

* file a bug report against gnome-mime-data or file-roller ?
I understand what you're saying :-\ It makes sense. I think that the bug is probably in the xorg documentation package (because it uses *.PS instead of *.ps). I don't exactly know how to file a bug report (or even if it is necessary), so I think that I might just use file-roller as is. I think that I can add my own application to the list of "Recent applications" and "open" the files that way. Thanks to all for your helpful replies!

Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque