From: gnome-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gnome-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Vincente Aggrippino
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 7:16 AM
To: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: shell scripting enhancements

Are there any utilities that would allow me to interact with Gnome, GTK, or the Metacity window manager from a shell script?

For example, I may want to write a script that can read a list of the windows on each desktop and move one of them to another desktop.

Is this already beyond shell scripting?  Can anyone make recommendations as to how I would get started with this type of window manipulation, etc...

I imagine that I would begin with GTK.  I'm well-versed in Perl and I could probably find an appropriate module.

Thank you,
    Vince