Gnome 2.14 on FreeBSD 6.0?

I use FreeBSD 6.0 with the Gnome 2.12 Desktop which works fine and would
like to know if it is possible (recommended) to upgrade already to Gnome
2.14 before it is ready in ports.

They say that it will be part of ports but not until FreeBSD 6.1 is
ready, and I just can't wait to give it a good look.

Should I just be patient or daring? If daring, how can I install Gnome
2.14 separately from the usual ports, and could anything go wrong when I
later upgrade it officially via the ports?

--
Kiffin Gish <kiffin gish planet nl>