Restore GNOME default menus for Fedora Core 4

Hello,
I tried to remove a 'battery' panel from the top panel of GNOME and accidentally deleted the entire panel.  Gone are the Red Hat icon, Applications menu, Places menu, Desktop menu, 5 Open Office icons and Time and Date panel.  Can anyone tell me how to get the default menus back in Fedora Core 4?  I found FAQ info that said to delete or remove the ~/.gnome directory.  It said that GNOME would recreate ~/.gnome from its defaults, but this didn't happen.  My menus and other panels are still gone.  Can someone please advise.