libwnck, wnckscreen, transients

I'm having trouble with an application written using libwnck, and not
sure quite where to turn for development help.  Specifically, I'm not
able to figure out what signals to connect / how to find out about
windows that are transient for other windows (e.g. the config or help
dialogs of a window).  Wnck acts as though no window is active in these
circumstances, at least as according to wnck_screen_get_active_window.
Is there an easy way to get the WnckWindow of these windows when they
happen to be active? (and to get ahold of them on create and destroy as
well)?  Right now the application can only see non-transient windows
properly.  Currently using version 2.14.0 of libwnck btw.