Re: edit files over ftp

I forgot to point out that it only works with gedit. As far as I know,
it's different from program to program, Bluefish f.x. opens ftp-files
writable by default.

As for managing files on a server, I tend to use gFTP, or if the
operation requires it either Nautilus or even sometimes Konquerer
(perfectly usable from Gnome).