text-entry location bar

Hello,

I selected the "text-entry location bar" in my file manager settings. However, I noticed that the "Open As" dialog box still uses the default button location bar. I expected this setting to affect the entire system.

Is there a way to change this? I don't think the button location bar in GNOME is very usable. It feels like buttons should be used for dialog actions (eg: "Cancel", "Open", "Save") - not the directory structure.

Thanks!
Tony