tracers when minimzing a window

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right list to post this message so please let me know...

I've been using Gnome for a couple months now. I tried KDE, but I think Gnome is a more polished and simple GUI. Anyway, there's something that bothers me: why are there black "tracers" when I minimize a window? I know this sounds trivial but it just doesn't look right. Is there a way to disable these and just have the window close without any animation (like when you click the "show desktop" icon).

Thanks,
Tony