gnomecanvas rotate text and print?

I've started a simple little gtk / gnomecanvas floor plan
drawing application.  I need to figure out how to
rotate gnome canvas text at an arbitrary angle (to put
dimensions on the floor plan).  Also, I want to be able
to print an anti-aliased gnomecanvas with high
resolution to give to an architect.  (I've been just taking
screenshots of the canvas which is cumbersome and
doesn't look very good).  How can I do these things?

Get the new Windows Live Messenger!