Re: gnomecanvas rotate text and print?

Hi David,

Maybe you should use the gd library or imagemagick. As I remember, both have antialiasing functions.

gnomecanvas has anti-aliasing... I just can't figure out how to
print or rotate text.  I know apps like gnumeric use gnomecanvas
and seem to print nice anti-aliased looking plots,
so I assume there's a way to print the canvas... am I wrong?

I'm a little concerned about text rotation... I've done google searches
that seem to imply that gnomecanvas can't rotate text, but that seems
odd.  I've found some documentation on affine transformations, but
when I try to rotate text with it, it seems to just translate it.

Thanks!

              David

I've started a simple little gtk / gnomecanvas floor plan
drawing application.  I need to figure out how to
rotate gnome canvas text at an arbitrary angle (to put
dimensions on the floor plan).  Also, I want to be able
to print an anti-aliased gnomecanvas with high
resolution to give to an architect.  (I've been just taking
screenshots of the canvas which is cumbersome and
doesn't look very good).  How can I do these things?

Thanks!

                 David