Re: Workspace confusion

Sean Christopher A Nichols wrote:
Why does it do this?

Because it's defined to. :-P

Or rather how do I get it NOT to behave in this manner. To open in the window I started it in and not pull the others into that workspace?

[my-prompt]$ gedit --new-window mydocument.txt

OK. I tried that. And the doc opened stays in the workspace opened in,
and does not drag other gedit windows over.

But cut/paste still does not work right. Say I cut something from
Firefox. Then I go to paste it into a gedit window. What gets the paste
is the last opened gedit window, not the one currently 'active' (and I
had even typed some text into that window prior to the paste).
To get Nautilus to open text (or whatever) documents in a new Window by default, configure that in Nautilus (by telling it to run the above command), not in gedit.
Where is this? I do not see any setting in Nautilus options. I do see
the preferences > more preferences > perferred applications....