Re: Workspace confusion

Sean Christopher A Nichols wrote:
Why does it do this?

Because it's defined to. :-P
I figured that out. I doubted it was a bug.

Or rather how do I get it NOT to behave in this manner. To open in the window I started it in and not pull the others into that workspace?

[my-prompt]$ gedit --new-window mydocument.txt
Ah!
To get Nautilus to open text (or whatever) documents in a new Window by default, configure that in Nautilus (by telling it to run the above command), not in gedit. Other apps with which you experience this behaviour may or may not (but probably will) have an analogous command line option. Something like

[my-prompt]$ myapplication --help

will usually tell you if this is the case.
thanks!