Re: From KDE to GNOME. Experiences, suggestions and comments

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:42:00 +0300 Janne Ojaniemi <janne ojaniemi nbl fi> wrote:
> > Well, again, CTRL+T opens a new tab; CTRL+W closes it.
>
> I know that, but I frequently surf the web without touching the keyboard
> at all. I have bunch of bookmarks that I would like to open (note: not
> ALL of them). So I need to open a new tab, and open the bookmark in that
> tab, without touching the keyboard.

At least in Firefox, one can "customize" the toolbar --
e.g., by adding a 'new tab' icon to it.

mikus

p.s.  I haven't used it myself, but Firefox also has the option
      of "remembering" the current tabs as a bookmark, such that
      clicking on that entry loads in all those tabs (AND their
      corresponding webpages).