Re: From KDE to GNOME. Experiences, suggestions and comments

Le dimanche 16 avril 2006 �0:42 +0300, Janne Ojaniemi a �it :
> On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 20:54 -0700, Michael M. wrote:
>
> > Well, again, CTRL+T opens a new tab; CTRL+W closes it.
>
> I know that, but I frequently surf the web without touching the keyboard
> at all. I have bunch of bookmarks that I would like to open (note: not
> ALL of them). So I need to open a new tab, and open the bookmark in that
> tab, without touching the keyboard.

The problem here is that if the "New tab" entry was in the "Tabs" menu,
where would the "New window" entry be?
"New tab" and "New window" are the same operation but with a different
visualisation for the user and so must be in the same place. But the
"New window" entry can not be in the "Tabs" menu. So I think they are
both quite well placed in the "File" menu.

Ghislain