Re: Yelp fails to display DocBook files

Red Blue wrote:
After updating Gnome from 2.8.2 to 2.12.3 (from Debian amd64 Sarge to Etch packages, as well as bunch of other stuff), Yelp no longer displays Gnome DocBook help files and spits "There is no default action associated with this location." instead. It shows the Help Topics menu structure and for example man pages, but apparently doesn't even attempt the DocBook2HTML conversion to display Gnome's own help files.

What can be done to troubleshoot this?

I'm getting something similar with Gnome 2.14 in Debian Sid. It actually improved slightly with an update yesterday or the day before. At first, it displayed only the main menu and any attempt to click on an item produced an error message. Now most or all of the menu structure seems to be intact, but clicking on an item brings up a raw XML page in my browser.

It sure looks pretty, though.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." --S. Jackson