Re: Icon Browser not working - [1/2 SOLVED]

Hi; I could really use some help here.

On Wed, 2006-05-04 at 11:42 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> My icon browser for FC5, Gnome 2.14, leaves all my icons dimmed and
> won't load them into a launcher unless they are for the selected window
> theme.
>
> More explicitly, when I click on an icon in the properties window of a
> launcher, I get the thumbnail sheet (icon picker) for my window theme.
> If I use the browse button, I can browse to /usr/share/pixmaps/whatever
> but the individual icon graphic files are dimmed and can't be shown in
> the thumbnail panel. I also have some extra icons downloaded and saved
> in /usr/local/share/pixmaps that I want to use, but they are dimmed too.
> Being in a different directory shouldn't make a difference. Is this a
> bug or have I failed to download something or am I just being stupid
> (that has happened before)?

Icon selector still leaves all icon graphics dim.  The image viewer in
nautilus shows the icons as does ImageMagic and gthumbnail; i.e. its not
a permissions problem. ??

> By the way, in the icon picker, the dialogue window at the top contains
> the location of my current icon(s), but when I drop it down it also
> contains two additional directory addresses/Paths (URI's) -- for my old
> FC4. Where on my home directory would these old URI's be lingering
> about? If I can find them, can I just delete them? (Couldn't find the
> paths using Beagle; Couldn't find them using 'find' in Gconf)

Found gconf-edit: /apps/gnome-settings/gnome-panel history-desktop-icon.
It contained the two extra paths saved in FC4 and wrongly restored in
FC5.