Re: Password management applet

I think this sounds like an extremely useful tool.

I'll be very interested to hear more specifics around implementation and
usage models, though: first, anything that stores passwords needs to be
extra-careful when handling them: consider things like hardwired memory
so it doesn't get swapped to disk, etc.  GPG has a lot of experience
with these types of security issues.

Second, what would the usage of such an applet be?  I guess you'd be
able to enter a username or list a usernames (where "username" is
generic; could be a web site or whatever) and it would show a password
on the screen?  Or, put it into the clipboard?  Or...???

I'm assuming you need a key of some kind to access the applet; would
that be a ssh key?  Or a separate passphrase?  How often do you have to
enter it--every time, once per session, some timeout?

Just curious?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortel com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
        These are my opinions--Nortel takes no responsibility for them.