Fwd: (Script) Evolution new mail popup window

In case someone interesting in giving me a feedback :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: regatta <regatta gmail com>
Date: Sep 21, 2005 2:40 PM
Subject: (Script) Evolution new mail popup window
To: evolution-list gnome org

Hi everyone

I use Evolution in my work with exchange server since 2004 and after
(I think) version 2.1 evolution doesn't display   how many new message
you have  in the window title and from that version you have to
maximize evolution window every time to see if you have new mail

I made this script which will display a popup window when there is a
new mail, like in MS Outlook

Here is a picture for it
http://www.altwaijiry.com/scripts/new-evolution-mail.png

And this for what you have in outlook
http://www.altwaijiry.com/scripts/untitled.JPG

You can download the script from
http://www.altwaijiry.com/scripts/new-evolution-mail-0.0.1.tar.bz2

it's a perl + GTK2 and you don't need to recompile evolution (it will
run as a filter)

THIS IS A VERY BASIC TOOL AND ITS ALPHA RELEASE SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW
IF YOU FOUND ANY BUG OR FIXED ANY THING

Note: I tried to make it with D-BUS and C language but evolution D-Bus
message is useless

#       How-To Install THIS script
#
#1. Copy newmail.pl and email.png to  ~/.evolution/
#2. chmod 755 ~/.evolution/newmail.pl
#3. Open "Message Filters" in Evolution
#4. Add new filter, make it run for all (Match all), and in the  "THEN" section
make it "Pipe to program" and put the script path
#5. Send email to you and see if it will popup or not.

#       What you need to run this script
# 1. Perl
# 2. Perl module: GTK2-Perl http://search.cpan.org/~tsch/Gtk2-1.062/
(check your system maybe you have it)
# 3. Perl module: MIME