gnome-terminal and function key definitions

Hi,

Two newbie questions (which are stopping me converting from fvwm to gnome).

1.
Google shows a few posts asking about doing the gnome-terminal
equivalent of the xterm key overrides via the .Xdefaults commands:

*VT100.Translations: #override\
 <KeyPress> Prior:  scroll-back(1,page) \n\
 <KeyPress> Next:   scroll-forw(1,page) \n\
 <KeyPress> Insert: insert-selection(PRIMARY, CUT_BUFFER0) \n\

which enable you to make these keys do something other than the default
under xterm.

However, I couldn't find any solutions posted.

So any suggestions from the wise?

2.
Under fvwm I can customize the function of the maximize icon on the
titlebar of any window so that it maximizes to whatever percentage of
the screen I want.
(80% of vertical with no change in the horizontal is very convenient for
terminals).

I haven't been able to figure out either how to do this or if it's
possible under gnome.  Again, any suggestions.

Thanks

   Sean