Re: gnome-terminal on Mac OS X?

Enver ALTIN wrote:

Hey,

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 13:27 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
Right. No longer being able to resist the temptation, I went out an bought one of those *small* Macs... Just playing around with a little now... I won't leave GNOME entirely because of this, though; in fact
one of the things I really would like to try out, is how well
X11/Gtk/GNOME apps work on Darwin... So, has anyone tested this?
Perhaps you have a ready-made version of some of all of GNOME? In
particular, I would be interested in gnome-terminal, as having a
proper X11 terminal emulator seems to be useful when testing this. I
have xterm already, of course, but gnome-terminal would obviously be a
lot nicer...

http://fink.sourceforge.net/
Seems like this does not yet support version 10.4, which I upgraded to the other day... However, I was sort of lead to the "darwinports" project via this info - and using the software offered there, I was able to (auto-build and) install most of the basic GNOME components. The gnome-terminal I got turned out not to be very useful, though, as it somehow fails to start the shell ;-(